Why Choose the Virtual Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business Course for Organisations and Individuals?
Individuals aspiring to forge their own paths can find empowerment in our Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business. The intensive virtual course equips learners with the critical skills and knowledge necessary to navigate the daunting yet rewarding landscape of building and leading a successful enterprise.
The Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business caters to a diverse audience. It empowers individuals aspiring to launch their own ventures, equips established professionals with advanced knowledge and skill sets, and provides organisations with a strategic tool to cultivate an entrepreneurial culture within their workforce.
Benefits for Individuals:
- Gain in-demand business skills and knowledge.
- Increase earning potential and job prospects.
- Enhance career mobility and advancement opportunities.
- Build a strong foundation in business principles that will benefit most professional areas.
Benefits for Organisations:
- Invest in the development of employees and boost morale and productivity.
- Stay ahead of the curve and ensure the workforce has the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the future.
- Reduce turnover and recruitment costs.
- Create a more competitive and innovative organisation.
What is the Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business Course?
Find out more details
The Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business course is a practical virtual course that equips learners with the essential skills and knowledge to navigate the exciting world of business confidently. Dive deep into crucial topics like market research, financial management, business planning, and legal compliance. Learn to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset, identify and capitalise on opportunities, and build a thriving business from the ground up.
- A comprehensive curriculum that covers crucial business topics.
- Interactive activities and real-world case studies that facilitate practical learning.
- A flexible and convenient virtual learning environment.
- A nationally recognised level 4 qualification.
- A pathway to further education in business.
Our digital education platform is thoughtfully crafted to facilitate convenient and flexible learning. Our learners have the freedom to learn at their own pace, at their preferred time and location.
The Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business course is a comprehensive virtual learning experience tailored for individuals and organisations. It provides a solid understanding of fundamental entrepreneurial concepts and practices.
- Qualification code: BSB40320
- Qualification name: Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business
- Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
- Duration: 12 months
- Self-paced blended delivery schedule
Units of competency: 10
- 4 core units +
- 6 electives
BSB40320 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business consists of four (4) core units and six (6) electives.
- BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB402 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
- BSBESB403 – Plan finances for new business ventures
BSBESB404 – Market new business ventures
- BSBESB301 – Investigate business opportunities
- BSBESB302 – Develop and present business proposals
- BSBPMG430 – Undertake project work
- BSBTEC404 – Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBCMM411 – Make presentations
- SIRXPDK001 – Advise on products and services
- Convenient payment plans are offered to allow individuals and organisations to manage expenses while investing in their future, starting from as little as $167 a week over a 6 month period.
- Professional Development course cost = $3,999
- International cost = $6,000
Entry requirements and eligibility
To enrol in the Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business course, applicants must be at least 16 years old, complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Assessment, and have adequate English proficiency with an Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) of 4 or higher. While industry experience is not necessary, it is recommended. Additionally, learners need minimum computer literacy, Microsoft Office 365 access, and unrestricted internet access. They should also be able to record assessments and provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment. The Student Handbook provides full details on entry requirements.
Our virtual classroom provides both individuals and organisations with a convenient and flexible way to upskill and reskill. Through our online learning platform, learners can readily access course materials, engage in discussions, and collaborate with peers.
The course offers several intakes throughout the year, providing learners with the convenience of commencing their studies at a time that aligns with their schedules. To view the current intakes, click on ‘Enrol Now’.
Where can I work, what can I do?
Upskilling and reskilling can lead to a number of positive work outcomes for both individuals and organisations. By investing in the development of their skills and knowledge, individuals can improve their earning potential, job prospects, and career mobility. Organisations can benefit from increased productivity and profitability, improved employee morale and retention, and enhanced innovation and competitiveness.
- Increased earning potential.
- Improved job prospects.
- Enhanced career mobility and advancement opportunities.
- Greater job satisfaction and engagement.
- Reduced risk of job displacement.
- Increased productivity and profitability.
- Improved employee morale and retention.
- Reduced recruitment and training costs.
- Enhanced innovation and competitiveness.
Here are some specific examples of work outcomes that have been linked to upskilling and reskilling:
- According to a study by the McKinsey Global Institute, upskilled or reskilled workers earn an average of 10% more than their counterparts.
- A LinkedIn survey discovered that 92% of professionals believe that upskilling is crucial for career growth.
- A report by the World Economic Forum predicts that by 2025, 50% of all employees will need to upskill or reskill to meet the changing demands of the workplace.
- A study by IBM found that organisations that invest in upskilling and reskilling their employees have a 17% higher return on assets than those that do not.
In addition to the work outcomes listed above, upskilling and reskilling can also lead to:
- Increased job security.
- Greater opportunities for professional development.
- Improved work-life balance.
- Increased sense of accomplishment and personal growth.
Further Learning Pathways
Take your learning further
The Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business course is a great option for individuals looking to expand their knowledge of business and achieve their academic pursuits. This course serves as a solid foundation for learners to pursue further education, including diploma courses and other relevant qualifications. Upon completion, graduates will be equipped with the necessary skills to confidently proceed to the next stage of their academic journey.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We acknowledge that learners may possess prior knowledge and abilities that align with the course curriculum, particularly those seeking to enhance their skills while already working in the industry. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables individuals to obtain credit for these competencies, which may reduce the course duration.
How to Enrol?
Sign me up!
Enrolling in the Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business course is a seamless process. To commence, visit the ‘Enrol Now’ link to access our online enrolment form. From there, our Enrolment team can assist with the required steps.
Before applying, learners will need the following:
- A photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate (in colour).
- USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create a USI number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worthwhile to pursue a Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business?
Absolutely! A Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business is a comprehensive program that can provide both individuals and organisations with valuable skills and knowledge to enhance their journey towards success. Individuals will be equipped to launch their own ventures and confident in marketing themselves with highly sought-after entrepreneurial talent to employers.
Clarify the distinctions between Certificate I, II, III, IV, and Diploma courses?
Australia has implemented various levels of certification to standardise qualifications throughout the country. Certificates I and II provide fundamental vocational skills and knowledge required for mainly routine work.
Certificates III and IV offer more advanced skills and knowledge. As previously discussed, Certificate III enables individuals to undertake skilled work, while Certificate IV permits the pursuit of specialised knowledge and skills within specific contexts.
Moreover, a Diploma is a level 5 qualification allowing individuals to undertake advanced skilled work, covering integrated technical and theoretical concepts across a broad range of contexts. It’s worth noting that this qualification can be credited towards university studies, with universities generally equating Certificate IV to six (6) to twelve (12) months of a Bachelor’s Degree.
The hierarchy of qualifications is as follows:
- Level 6 – Advanced diploma or associate degree
- Level 7 – Bachelor’s degree
- Level 8 – Bachelor honours degree, graduate certificate, or graduate diploma
- Level 9 – Masters degree
- Level 10 – Doctoral degree
What is the assessment process for this course?
The course is evaluated using a blend of knowledge-based questions, hands-on case studies, and practical activities. It’s worth noting that conventional exams are not a part of the assessment process.
What is the certification process?
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a nationally recognised Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business. If the course is partially completed, a Statement of Attainment will be granted for the satisfactory completion of individual units of competency.
What support is available for virtual learners?
Our dedicated team is available to assist learners throughout their learning journey, providing technical and academic support.
Are there networking opportunities with other learners?
Our online learning platform emphasises the significance of collaboration and interaction, ultimately cultivating a vibrant and inclusive community of learners.