Why you need a CPR refresher course
Help save a life and boost your career
Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time—are you equipped to help?
The WHS Act requires all Australian employers (PCBUs) to have an adequate number of people in the workplace trained in First Aid, including providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This ‘PRESTIGE-ous’ CPR course called HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation equips participants with the skills and knowledge to confidently and correctly perform CPR on a range of situations.
Upon successfully completing the program, you will earn a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit you have completed.
Because providing CPR isn’t something you constantly practice, it is required to renew your certification every 12 months. This will help ensure that your knowledge and skills in CPR remain fresh and updated.
Aside from helping save a life, having a CPR certification can also boost your career! You are more hirable and attractive to prospective employers. It can also improve your standing in your current company.
So, what are you waiting for? Invest in your future, and get ready to increase your employment opportunities today!
CPR Knowledge to Build your future
Prestige Service Training, a registered training organisation, offers Nationally Recognised short courses, this 4-hour course covers the unit HLTAID009 Provide First Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Gain new skills (or refresh what you know) and increase your career opportunities with this sought-after qualification.
Based on The Safe Work Australia First Aid in the Workplace Model Code of Practice, employers are required to ensure that their first aiders attend regular training to refresh their skills and knowledge. CPR training is required every 12 months.
This course will teach you the skills and knowledge needed to provide CPR on a casualty in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines. That includes techniques to sustain life until an ambulance arrives.
CPR Course details
- Qualification code: HLTAID009 (previously HLTAID001)
- Qualification name: Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
- Duration: 4 hours
- Units of Competency: 1
- Delivery: Face-to-Face classes with online assessment
- Work integrated learning and placement? Not applicable to this course
- Can contribute to your ATAR? No
- Can contribute to your QCE? No
- The WHS Act requires all Australian employers to have an adequate number of people trained in first aid. This course gives you a competitive edge if applying for work or a bonus in a current position.
- For more information on contribution to ATAR and QCE, visit https://www.qtac.edu.au/
What will you learn in the CPR course?
This course covers the following areas of providing CPR:
How to respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Seek assistance from emergency services
How to perform CPR properly
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards the casualty
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions
How to communicate the details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of the incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
How to review the incident
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
How much does the CPR Course cost?
What are the requirements for CPR course?
- Access to a laptop and internet.
- Students must be aged 15 years or above.
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen.
Prestige Service Training’s First Aid program is conducted in a face-to-face class setting with the supervision and expert guidance of our qualified trainers.
We believe that participants learn and benefit the most in an in-person class where they can demonstrate practical applications of theories and knowledge.
Face-to-face training allows for a personalized and flexible learning environment.
It’s easier for students to ask questions and clarify and contextualize information with their first aid trainer.
At the same time, the trainers can deliver training more accurately and provide better feedback and demonstrations of proper techniques and how to use first aid equipment.
Online assessment is also available, providing learners more flexibility in completing the first aid course.
Choose your campus locations
You can choose from Prestige Service Training’s training venues to take and complete the first aid program.
- Southport – Southport Central Building 3G, Level 4, 27 Garden Street, Southport 4215
- Beenleigh – Beenleigh Business Centre, 5/69 George Street, Beenleigh 4207
- Or do you have a group of 8 or more, we can come to your location
What are the benefits of CPR knowledge?
Skills and knowledge about CPR can go a long way. Here are some benefits:
Save a life
CPR can save lives. It can increase a person’s chance of survival. You can help save a person who has a cardiac arrest, someone who is choking, someone who is drowning, or an accident victim.
You can also understand and learn how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) and save the life of someone who suffers a cardiac arrest.
CPR is not limited to heart attacks. It can also be used when someone is choking. You can help adults, children, and infants—even yourself!
Assist with an accident
Accidents happen anytime, anywhere, whether that’s at work or on the road. If you’re equipped with CPR qualification training, you can assist with the situation.
You can help by providing CPR and first aid until emergency medical help arrives.
Meet job requirements
Many types of jobs in Australia require CPR and First Aid certifications, such as the following:
- Health care providers
- Safety personnel
- Airline employees
- Athletic trainers
In some industries, certifications may not be required but are highly recommended, such as in education and construction.
Even when CPR certification isn’t required, it can bump up your resume and make you a more attractive candidate to prospective employers.
How does CPR course benefit your career?
Can you improve your job prospects with CPR training? Yes!
If you’re working in the healthcare sector or plan to do so, CPR training is required.
Non-medical fields where you have to take care of other people, like childcare, law enforcement, and firefighting, first aid and CPR certifications are also necessary.
Regardless of the field, employers prefer their employees to be trained in first aid and CPR. So, you’ll find it incredibly useful when looking for a new job or promotion.
CPR training helps you stand out among other candidates
First aid is a skill that most hiring managers and employers are looking for. In a competitive job market, having a CPR qualification can help you stand out among other candidates.
Your training arms you with transferrable soft skills, valuable knowledge, and certain traits that employers find appealing.
With a nationally recognised training certification added to your resume, you have more to offer than other applicants who have similar qualifications to you.
CPR knowledge shows your ability to handle stress
Completing CPR and first aid training can demonstrate that you can handle stressful situations, adapt to changing circumstances, and remain calm even in emergencies and crises.
It shows your ability to problem-solve even under pressure, become a leader, and take quick action.
You become a valuable asset who can save a co-worker’s life, help in workplace infection control, and protect your employer from litigation.
CPR course training helps you practice crisis management skills
CPR know-how helps you respond to a crisis situation accordingly, especially if it is a matter of life and death. It gives you the confidence to help others and makes you feel prepared for any emergency.
Taking a refresher course is a sign that you value self-improvement
Enrolling in nationally recognised training courses like the CPR refresher course and first aid course shows that you value self-improvement and are willing to invest in yourself.
It also demonstrates that you have initiative, which is a valuable trait of an employee.
Employers find candidates with a positive attitude and ambition to succeed more attractive. Your training shows your initiative to gain valuable life and career skills.
How do you enrol in this CPR refresher training course?
Ready to enrol? You’ve made a great choice, and we’re excited to have you on board!
The next step is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Before you apply, you will need the following:
- Photocopy of a Green Medicare Card, Passport, or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill, or bank statement with your address on it)
- A USI number (Please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number)
- A parent close by to also sign if you’re under the age of 18
Completing first aid courses can propel your career to the next level while giving you a life-saving skill that you can use at work and home!
Get your CPR certification today!