Why Study Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business?
Turn your business ideas into reality
Have you always dreamed of starting your own small business? Do you have a great entrepreneurial idea but don’t know where to begin to turn that into reality?
We’ve got the answer for you!
In this Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business, you can turn your business ideas into reality.
It’s a nationally recognised qualification that will teach you the knowledge and skills necessary to start your own business or support existing ones.
Worried about how you can fit another subject into your schedule? We’ve got you covered!
Prestige Service Training offers Virtual Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business!
The ‘PRESTIGE-ous’ Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business invites you into life after school and be well equipped with the confidence to take on your career goals.
Start your business journey with us and learn relevant theoretical knowledge and practical real-world skills, such as how to investigate business opportunities, develop and present business proposals, address compliance requirements for new business ventures, and organise finances for new business ventures.
With current industry experience, our qualified trainers will mentor you through our virtual course with weekly online lessons and extra tutorial support if needed.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn a nationally recognised qualification, a level 3 Certification in Entrepreneurship and New Business.
What are you waiting for? Enrol today!
What Is Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business?
Build your entrepreneurial future
Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business is designed to teach you the most important aspects of starting your own small business or dream career in business.
From assessing an opportunity to developing a proposal to getting the funds you need and launching your business, this course got you covered!
Turn your dream business idea into reality and be your own boss.
This qualification is aimed at year 10 and year 11 students.
- Qualification code: BSB30220
- Qualification name: Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business
- Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
- Duration: 3 school terms
- Units of competency: 10 (4 core units + 6 electives to suit outcome)
- Delivery: Weekly Tuesday online virtual classes PLUS holiday classes
- Start date: Tuesday 15th February 2022
- Extra classes during school holidays: Monday 27th June 9-3 compulsory session; Monday 19th September 9-3 catch-up session
- Work integrated learning and placement? Not applicable to this course
- Can contribute to your ATAR? Yes (school students only)
- Can contribute to your QCE? Yes (max 6 points) (school students only)
- For more information on contribution to ATAR and QCE, visit https://www.qtac.edu.au/
The BSB30220 Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business consists of four (4) core units and six (6) electives.
- BSBESB301 Investigate business opportunities
In this core unit, you’ll learn the skills and knowledge that will allow you to identify a business opportunity. You’ll know how to determine their key components, viability, and applicable legislative frameworks.
This unit is particularly useful for those who want to establish their own small business or work in a larger organisation.
- BSBESB302 Develop and present business proposals
Creating a business proposal is essential when starting a new venture. This core unit will equip you with the right skills and knowledge to help you identify the viability of business opportunities and create and present proposals for various stakeholders.
- BSBESB303 Organise finances for new business ventures
Money is the backbone of any business. This core unit will teach you how to organize your finances for new business ventures. You’ll learn how to estimate startup costs, project cash flow, determine financial viability, and create budget plans to turn your business ideas into reality.
- BSBESB305 Address compliance requirements for new business ventures
Establishing your own business also involves compliance with laws and regulations. This unit will guide how to source advice and specialist services to ensure that you address compliance requirements for new business ventures. That involves regulatory, taxation, and insurance requirements.
For the electives, various units are chosen to suit the desired outcome. These include the following:
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor service to customers
- BSBPEF301 Contribute of continuous improvement
- FNSFLT211 Develop and use personal budgets
- BSBPEF302 Develop self-awareness
- BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBFIN302 Maintain financial records
- BSBLEG421 Apply understanding of the Australian legal system
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBXCS303 Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
Contact our operations team for a detailed list of units.
How much is Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business?
Prestige Service Training offers affordable course fees and manageable payment plans, so you can allocate your budget for tuition fees easily.
Fees and payment plans
Payment plans available:
- 2 equal installments
- Monthly payments
- 20 fortnightly payments
What are the entry requirements and eligibility?
To enrol in this course, you need to meet the following:
- Access to a laptop and internet
- Students must be aged 15 years or above
- Currently studying at an Australian school
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen
Prestige Service Training’s BSB30220 Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business is conducted virtually with the supervision and expert guidance of our qualified trainers.
Take classes online to suit your busy schedule and have learning flexibility.
Online assessment is also available, providing learners more flexibility in completing this business certification course.
With the virtual option, you won’t let your busy weekdays hold you back from pursuing your entrepreneurial journey in the business world!
Available campuses, locations, and upcoming intakes
Scroll across to see all details in the table.
What Future Awaits You with Level 3 Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Business?
Whether you’re aiming to venture into your own business or enhance your career in the world of business working in larger organisations, this Certificate III is for you!
This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge, and tools to launch your dream successfully. You’ll be exposed to various topics, such as:
- researching potential business ideas
- turning your ideas into actions
- managing your business venture
- developing and applying critical thinking skills
- building your network of professional contacts and entrepreneurs
- financial planning
- marketing your business
- managing customer relationships
Gain the long-term skills you need to succeed through our program, designed by industry experts.
Aside from self-employment through owning your business, this course will also open a broad range of career possibilities, including:
- Human Resources
- Business Management
Further Learning Pathways
With a level 3 qualification, you can move your career development to more advanced courses and qualifications.
- Apply to complete a Diploma with Prestige Service Training
- Beyond School programs available for year 12 graduates
- University pathways and beyond
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available on most Prestige Service Training qualifications, including this certification in entrepreneurship and business.
If you have completed formal or informal training in business and have knowledge, skills, and employment experience in this area, you may apply for RPL.
What do you need to do? You will be asked to provide evidence to support your application, and our Operations team will assist you through the RPL assessment process.
Credit is also available for this qualification. If you have completed a previous study in this qualification or an equivalent, you can provide a copy of your transcript/s from your earlier study and we will conduct a credit assessment.
Ready to Apply? Here’s How to enrol in
If you’re ready to jump in, the next step is to apply. We’re here to help every step of the way. Before you apply, you will need the following:
- Student ID (for current high school students)
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport, or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill, or bank statement with your address on it)
- A USI number (Please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number)
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18
You’ve made a great choice, and we’re excited to have you on board!
Certificate 3 in Entrepreneurship and New Business FAQs
What is the purpose of the certificate 3 qualification?
A certificate III training course provides you with new skills and knowledge required to get started in a career of your choice. You learn job-specific skills that can help you progress from an entry-level role to a higher position and a better salary.
How long does it take to get a Level 3 certification?
Level 3 certifications in Australia usually takes 12 to 18 months to complete. Some options that provide flexibility may take longer to finish, depending on your pace and availability.
This Certification III in Entrepreneurship and New Business is designed to be completed in three (3) school terms.
What do you need to prepare for this qualification training?
To be prepared for this training course, it’s recommended that you have a business idea that you would like to explore and pursue, an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to be your own boss and have control of your own hours, an interest in business finances, and an interest in developing digital skills.